Sunday, June 20, 2010

24 years old and hair is thinning?

I know the best choice is probably for me to go to a doctor (OBGYN, dermatologist, or..?) but until I can afford that-- why am I losing so much hair to the brush everyday, to the point that when it's wet its very noticeable? It's not too bad dry, yet; there're no bald patches and new hair seems to be growing in, but still.. why? Is it true prolonged weight loss can do it? Because in the last year I dropped 73lbs and am trying to lose 17 more. I used to have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome), but since I lost the weight all symptoms of it have completely disappeared except the thinning hair. Is it related to that though? If it helps: My hair is hip-length and I'm a 24-year-old brunette female with hispanic and caucasian ancestry, who uses store-brand shampoos once every day and jogs 2 hours a day, 4 - 5 days a week. When I jog my first hour I don't get a shower in until after the second jog that night, and I also sometimes go to bed with my hair wet. Is all that killing it?



24 years old and hair is thinning?

It sounds like the effects of PCOS. I would go to the doctor to make sure that your thyroid is in order.



24 years old and hair is thinning?

ya might go to a salon and see what kind of products they have for that....possibly even Rogaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security