Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is getting sideswept bangs a bad idea if you have wavy/curly hair?

I have hair that is in between curly and wavy. I REALLY want to get sideswept bangs but I don't want to have to straighten my bangs everyday because it would damage my hair and I'm used to JUST brushing my hair, nothing else.



Is there anyone out there who has curly/wavy hair and sideswept bangs? If so, does it look okay when you don't straighten it?



Please answer, and thank you for reading!



PS. How long do I have to grow my bangs until they are ready to be cut into sideswept bangs?



Is getting sideswept bangs a bad idea if you have wavy/curly hair?

I have thick curly hair and I had side-swept bangs a few years ago. I loved the look of when I would straighten the bangs and leave the rest down and curly. Straightening your bangs with curly hair in the back can be a great way to make your look more polished and put together overall. However, I rarely left my bangs curly because I didn't like how it looked because my bangs looked too frizzy and unkept. I'm not sure how yours would look though. Getting bangs is a pretty big change and you have to not be lazy about doing your hair. So if your intentions are to only brush your hair and not blow dry them often, I wouldn't really do it. Brushing such thin pieces of hair will probably make them frizzy and I wouldn't worry that blow drying bangs will severely damage your hair. They're only bangs after all, not all of your hair.



I grew my bangs out to about the top of my lips and had them cut slightly shorter than that. (If you do intend to leave them curly, I would not recommend making them very short at all.)



I hope that helps and hope your bangs come out beautiful!



Is getting sideswept bangs a bad idea if you have wavy/curly hair?

I have naturally curly hair and I had to chemically straighten mine when I had side-swept bangs. When the straightener grew out of it, they were very wavy and hard to control. Most of the time I ended up either tucking them behind my ear or wearing my hair in a ponytail until it grew out enough to even up again. Every ones hair is different though. Good luck on whatever decision you make!



Is getting sideswept bangs a bad idea if you have wavy/curly hair?

First of all, I'd like to try something: don't brush your hair, and then scrunch it-see if it gets really curly.



Next, I have some curly hair with some bangs in the front, and sometimes they look good, and sometimes I'm frustrated. Make sure they're long enough that you can pin them back if they're in the way, or tuck them behind your ears. Also, if you're doing it yourself, cut only a little at a time - you can easily cut more off if they're too long, but you can't magically add length!



And I agree that straight bangs and curly hair is really cute!



Here's some pictures of side swept bangs:



http://www.onewed.com/wedding-hair-style...



http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/0/P/J/elis...



http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/0/T/G/Lind...



Is getting sideswept bangs a bad idea if you have wavy/curly hair?

I have sideswept bangs and my hair is really curly. You know, when you just leave it curly, just put your bangs back with the rest of your hair. It totally blends in and you can't tell. when I straighten it, it actually looks similar to my avatar. I have a side part and everyone loves it. you should do it. You won't want it any other way. I promise when it's curly it blends in. =)



Edit: Oh my, my. I see someone said to straighten your hair when the rest is curly. Don't do that. That looks so awful. Just let your bangs be curly like they normally are. Your hair will look the same curly as it does now.



Is getting sideswept bangs a bad idea if you have wavy/curly hair?

get long layered cut for your bangs so it can be versatile for styling. you don't have to straighten it everyday. leave it naturally curly but apply some hair product like mousse or hairspray. also, you can always use some pretty hairpins for different look.



Is getting sideswept bangs a bad idea if you have wavy/curly hair?

not if you intend on straightning it. Most people with wavy hair that I know, just straighten their bang and it looks fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security