Saturday, November 28, 2009

How long do hair extentions last, do they get in the way of washing?

or brushing your hair?



How long do hair extentions last, do they get in the way of washing?

good quality ones last a while- if you can synthetic ones, you may as well get clips ons, so you can just clip them in your hair (which is great!). If you get human hair ones (which I recommend) they last for a very long time. I have had mine for a year, they're clip-ins and I wash them by hand. Dry them with a blow dryer. They match my hair color. If you have them glued in (i dont recommened b/c its hard to get out and when you do take them out, you will remove some of your hair with it- trust me, had it happen!) or weaved in (same thing, but not as bad) you can wash your hair with them in. It'll feel weird, but you get used it it. Glued in hair always falls out, so watch out. If its weaved in, it hurts to get the weave, but it lasts long. I recommend clip-ins. They're so easy to do also. I saw it dont once at the salon and I just pick up sections of my hair and clip under, making sure that my own hair is on top. It blends in very well with my hair. Go to a salon, or check out Jessica Simpson's new hair line- I heard she has some nice pieces.



Re: brushing...dont brush from the roots...hold your hair at your nape and brush.



How long do hair extentions last, do they get in the way of washing?

It depends what kind of extensions you get, bonded, weaved, etc.



I do bonds extensions with the highest quality of human hair. My clients usually want them re-bonded after 3 months. It really depends on how fast their hair grows though. I've had clients last as long as 6 months too.



Basically, the bond grows out with the hair.



You can wash and style your extensions normally. Just be careful not to get heat (flat iron, curling iron) right on the bond. Also, try to avoid using high alcohol hair sprays, as alcohol unbonds the glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security