Friday, November 27, 2009

Can someone answer my short hair curling question?

I got my hair cut today - it is stacked in the back. Generally, I style my hair with a blow dryer and round brush and curl it under, but I am having a terrible time doing the back. It wants to stay straight instead of curling under.



I want to curl all the back under so it will look full - I have thick hair with a bit of natural curl. Should I go back to using hot rollers to get this affect? I know at the salon they pin up the hair on top and work from bottom to top curling the back under a section at a time, but it takes too long and it's easier to do on someone elses hair.



I also found a hair dryer that had the brush attached to the end. I wonder if this would work better. I always dry my hair until it is barely damp then I finish it with my brush with the dryer. I wonder if thats my problem? Should I start with the brush and dryer when it is wet instead of damp?



THANKS!



Can someone answer my short hair curling question?

I use the hairdryers with the brush attachments. It makes drying and styling so much easier. Especially when you are trying to style the back. Try the dryer with the brush attachment.



Yes, you should be trying to style and dry at the same time. By drying it until it is barely damp, you are probably straightening it out. Use the brush %26amp; dryer simultaneously.



In the beginning, work out the dampness with just the dryer. When you have dried it 25% or so, then start using the brush.



Hope this helps.



Can someone answer my short hair curling question?

No, your drying proceedure is good. Almost dry,then brush. and yes to get the style right you must section up and curl from the bottom. Some days if I'm behind schedule and clients are backing up I do cheat a little. If you just dry the hair under with the brush first, then use something like Redkin Rewind, or another soft putty product. Rub a quarter size dab into your hand then reach over the top of your head and start to pull your finger through your hair from bottom to top. This will break up the look and give you the look of curls, with out the use of an Iron. Although this looks good, it doesn't last as long as if you did it the right way and curled it, So spray it with some firm hold baby!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security